In order to consistently attract ideal, paying clients, it must become your mission to ensure that everything you do and offer to your ideal clients exceeds their needs and expectations. Gone are the days when you can get away with an attempt to solve a problem, today you MUST be the clear solution and add enough value to stand out amongst your peers in the industry. Gone are the days when “just enough” will lead to an influx of ideal clients. In today’s marketplace, you must go above and beyond if you want to keep a steady flow of ideal clients on your roster.
Exceptional customer service remains a top reason why people return to a previous supplier for a new repeat or additional service. Despite what economist tell you, people are still buying, but if you want to be the recipient of your ideal client’s spending dollars, you must add value.
If you’re not getting the response you want from your ideal clients it is because you’ve not fully expressed the value of your product or service in terms that makes them want to buy right now. When the focus on your business practices include adding significant value to your ideal clients, you will increase your brand perception – that is, the way others see who you are and the value you add in the marketplace. As your brand perception increases, you are also earning brand equity, just like equity in your home, increases the value you represent in the marketplace, consistently over time.
When it comes to adding value, your goal must be to offer additional items or services that do not take additional time for you to supply. It is very likely that right now, in your business inventory, you’ve got tons of products, services and value-add items that are just sitting there collecting dust. If you were to dust them off and prepare them to be used by new and existing clients, you’d find yourself a lot more busy than you may be right now. When we are looking for new money opportunities in our businesses, more often than not, the tools to get more are right in front of us. Because we are used to looking at what we offer, we often miss the value adds that we have had access to since the creation of our business.
This is why participating in masterminds or having a coach can be a valuable addition to your business plan. An outside person looking into your business will quickly identify the value adds that you already have that will cost you no additional time or effort to make available to your ideal clients.
So, how do you create more value and increase your brand equity, ensuring return clients and more referrals than you ever thought possible? Consider these quick tips:
After you create products and services for your clients, ask yourself these questions:
1. “How can I add value to this offering to ensure that my ideal clients will be satisfied, keep returning for more and share me with others that they know who have the problem they used to have?”
2. “What do I have sitting in my inventory that would further enhance the experience my clients get when they working with me?” Note: these items add value but do not increase your work output.
3. “How can I create value that will increase my Top of Mind Awareness amongst my clients?”
4. “What are five little things I can do now to add up to the unassailable difference that I offer to my current clients to get them to upgrade their level of service with me?”
5. “If I were my ideal client, would this add enough value for me to take advantage of the offer?”
6. “What would I want to make me open my wallet over and over again to purchase my products and services?”
Here are some of my favorite quick tips to add into your products and services to add more value, increase your ideal client count and grow your business:
1. Add a gift with purchase component to your service offerings. Think like a make-up counter, when your clients spend a certain amount, offer them something for free. The gift should be something you’ve already created: like a book, audio CD, DVD, etc. No additional time should go into supplying this item when a client makes a specific dollar amount purchase.
2. Offer a product sampling with a coupon should they decide to buy the full-sized offering. A great way to do this is by offering a sample session for 15 minutes – at the end of the sample session sell them on getting the full hour session.
3. Offer a “done for you template” as a bonus for your consulting services. There are many things that you do easily and effortlessly that others wish they could do. You’ve probably already created your template; offer it as a free bonus when they become a new private client.
4. Re-purpose some existing content in the form of a free report or audio download as a bonus when someone becomes a client. Everything you do should be recorded, which can easily be turned into a transcript, free report, article, etc. Because you’ve already done the work, it’s easy for you to offer, but it will mean the world to your client.
5. Create a referral incentive program to let your ideal clients know that you are not only accepting new clients but if they refer you to a new client, they will earn a special incentive like more private access to you, an additional product or a significant discount on a future purchase.
6. For your top-tier clients, offer them a significant discount to attend a live event.
7. If you offer phone sessions with your clients, give them the recording for free – your clients will LOVE you if you do this as they will be able to listen back to the value you add and solutions you offer over and over again.
Final thought: It’s important to ensure that every time you work with a client, they give you a testimonial based on the results you offered to improve or resolve their problem, which ultimately can be used to further add value to others. People love to know that other people with their problem found value working with you. Highlight those testimonials and success stories on your website, in your e-zine and wherever your ideal clients might see them.